Traditionally, the last poem of The Poetry Project’s New Year’s Day Marathon Reading Benefit is read by our Artistic Director, Stacy Szymaszek. This year, Stacy has decided to share her good fortune. We are excited to announce the Project’s first-ever “Win the Artistic Director’s Lucky Reading Spot Contest”!
The rules: Send us your poem. If we believe it is short enough to be read in two minutes, it will be entered into the contest. The winner will be selected based on any number of yet-to-be-determined factors, but most likely it will involve a lot of passion, partisanship and bickering. Don’t you want to be a part of that? Enter now!!!
Questions to ask yourself:
- Is the newly announced “Win the Artistic Director’s Lucky Reading Slot Contest” more like America’s Got Talent, American Idol, or X Factor?
- Why is it lucky? Are divine forces involved? If I win, will I truly be happy? Is true happiness even possible?
- Will anyone still be there at 1:00am? Will I still be there? Will there be any poetry talent scouts there? Is there any such thing as a poetry talent scout?
- What am I waiting for? Why haven’t I started working on my poem?
- Submitted poems remain your property (unless, of course, you stole your poem from someone else).
- We reserve the right, but do not promise, to post contest entries on our website after the marathon.
- Email submissions (only) to email@example.com by DECEMBER 7th.
- The winner will be announced on our blog and via our eblast on December 17.
- Anyone may enter our contest, provided the winner be in New York City for New Year’s Day and can stay until it’s over.